Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fourth FAB Birthday PAR-TAY of 2011

Yesterday, we celebrated the fourth FAB Birthday PAR-TAY of 2011.  This time it was Pat's turn to be honored in the celebration.


We started the party in the morning with Pat opening the gifts sent through the mail to her.  I was in such a hurry to get my parcel mailed off to Pat before my holiday that I forgot to snap a picture of it.  So, the picture below has been "borrowed" from Pat's site. 

I made Pat this bag/purse from a pattern called, the Cross Town Carry - Regan's Bag by Marlous Designs.


This is a fat quarter friendly pattern which can be made from 7 fat quarters.  This was a pattern introduced to our Monday night quilting group by Leslie.  Thanks for sharing your talents Leslie and leading us in successful completion of our bags!


I included a package of Coffee Crisp Bites in with Pat's gift.  It has become a tradition this year for me to include something Coffee Crisp in with the birthday packages I send.  We love Coffee Crisp in our house and I have been sharing this not-available-across-the-border treat with my friends. 

After Pat was done opening her birthday presents, we started working on our quilts.  Pat's choice of pattern was Minnesota Hot Dish by Atkinson Designs. 

This is one of my blocks.  You would never suspect that this log cabin inspired block would become the spiral design of the finished quilt.

I didn't have time before Saturday to cut my strips so I only finished a few blocks--enough though, that I could see the design emerge when you placed the blocks together in a quilt. 

All the fabrics in my quilt were 2.5 inch strips cut from my stash.  Shop the stash first!

1 comment:

Linda C said...

Lucky girl, that Pat! The tote turned out beautifully and you know how we all love those coffee crisps!

The MHD turned out beautifully. I will make my version some day down the line as I love they all turned out with the different color combinations.