I pulled this project out for our guild retreat last Saturday and I got some of the blocks finished. It took me a while to figure out how I was piecing the blocks after having this project sit for so long. I managed to get 2 rows of blocks finished at our day long retreat. I then worked on the remaining 5 blocks Friday night during the Friday Night Sew-In and then finished them and assembled the blocks into rows and joined the rows together on Saturday morning. You can see a couple of pieces of fabric that I am auditioning for borders in the photo: a yellow inner border and a blue outer border vs a yellow inner border and a green outer border.
Once the borders are done later today, I will be ready to think about a "reward project".
These are two snowman panels that surfaced when I was going through my Christmas fabrics in December. These panels have aged in my stash far too long. I am looking for ideas where I can incorporate pre-printed panels in quilts and will be using these panels as "reward projects" soon.