Sunday, April 15, 2012

Seasons Redwork - Winter and Spring

I have two small finishes to report.  These two wall hangings form part of a pattern called, Seasons Redwork that has been designed by Paula Stoddard of Pacific Patchwork.  Back in 2009, these blocks were released by Paula as a BOM on her Quilt Happy, Quilt Often Blog.  Paula's blog has been discontinued, but the blocks can be purchased from her website:  http://www.pacificpatchwork.com/Seasons_Redwork_p/ppw-320.htm

Paula's pattern shows all four seasons as part of the same wall hanging.  I preferred to stitch the four seasons individually and frame the blocks with fabric that relates to that season.  My plan is to change out the wall hangings in my kitchen with the seasons.

Each wall hanging finishes at 10.5" x 26".

This is Winter:


This is Spring:

And finally because Joey just cracks me up sometimes, this is Joey:


We were watching a nature show on Discovery and he perched himself front and center in front of the screen.  He will often do this during Animal Planet and he makes me laugh every time he does it.

3 comments:

Linda C said...

I love the idea of separating these out for the holidays, Norma!

I have the blocks downloaded but did not start them yet but I will keep your idea in mind!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Great idea Norma. I have these printed off as well but didn't like the idea of making an entire quilt.

Joey is adorable! our cats like to watch hockey lol.

Beth said...

I really like your redwork. I have a few started (one in green!), but I'm kinda ADD when it comes to hand work! Our dog wants to PLAY with animals on the TV. He RUSHES the set and barks. They just will NOT play with him! He is SO disappointed!