Saturday, May 15, 2010

Progress on my Seminole Quilt

This is my Seminole quilt so far.

I ended up re-doing the first row. The fabrics I had originally made this row from ended up blending together too much - not near enough contrast.

The problem I had with this quilt was that I had way too many chicken fabrics that I wanted to add to this project. I kept adding bits from my stash and in the end I have ended up with a piece that is 42" x 71". At this point I should be adding borders. However, to keep this quilt from being just a long skinny quilt, I may have to add some Seminole piecing to the side(s) before adding the borders.

This project has really challenged me. I continued to modify, rearrange and change options right up until all the rows were finally sewn together. As I took the picture tonight of the progress so far I find myself contemplating more options. This project will definitely not be "finished" for a while yet!

4 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh this is wonderful!

Piecefulafternoon said...

I thought I saw a lot of chickens in there - quite clever.

Linda_J said...

I love your chickens in there between the pieced sections.

Dorothy H said...

I hope you are going to show us the finished product if you are still changing it. I really like this. I can see where it can bring out a persons creativity. Keep up the good work!