Saturday, May 02, 2009

Moving Unfinished Projects Forward

Today I stopped at the LQS and picked up some of Mary Ellen's Best Press. I have been reading the reviews and I decided to give it a try.

Today I washed a load of green fabrics and I knew some of those fabrics would likely end up quite wrinkled. I was very impressed with this product in removing those wrinkles effortlessly. The bottle says, "Mary Ellen makes ironing (almost) fun!" and I would have to agree with that statement. I think I am going to have to buy stock in this company!
I also finished one of my UFOs to the flimsy stage today. This top was started on June 28, 2008 on a FABs Saturday Sew-In. This top finished at 52" x 59 1/2" and will be perfect for a baby girl/toddler. The pattern is an original design by Cher, one of the FABs. We have been affectionately calling this quilt pattern, CGF or Cher's Gym Floor. Bet you can't guess where Cher got the inspiration for this design! LOL

6 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love the Mary Ellen's Best Spray, too. Lavender is my most fav fragrance.

Your floral CGF is looking great. How will you quilt it?

Linda C said...

I love how cool this looks with the scrappy fabrics. That punch of green works well with the blocks too.

Got my Best Press ordered. You and Pat convinced me to give it a try. The no flaking and no propellants part is good.

Joyce said...

I recently discovered Best Press too and I love it. It works well and smells good.

Anonymous said...

Have not quilted for years, but you girls inspire me to give it a try again. I would like to investigate quilt with hand painted squares since I am into painting now. Any ideas.

Mary Johnson said...

I'm sold on the Best Press too. I'd stopped putting water in my iron -- too much spitting and the Best Press is great when I a dry iron isn't quilt enough for a block or seam.

Marlublu said...

Norma I just love that scrappy quilt and the spray I'm crazy about. It makes ironing more enjoyable if you ask me.