Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bargellobowl


Last night I took the last of the machine quilting stitches in my Scrappy Bargello quilt. This quit was started during Superbowl Sunday on Feb, 3, 2008 as part of Bargellobowl.
Bargellobowl was an group of quilters organized through the Internet who would rather quilt than watch the Superbowl. The pattern is Scrappy Bargello and is from Bonnie Hunter's website. My version of this quilt is made from scraps of Christmas fabrics. This quilt was quilted with the Circle Lord Baptist Fan template.
It is rare lately for me to take the time to quilt one of my own flimsies. I have a stack of customer quilts to work on, but I thought I would warm up the machine on one of my own quilts first. Today, will be spent working on quilts for others.

7 comments:

Linda C said...

I love it! You will have one ready for the holidays ahead of time and binding to work on at your quilt meeting. Red binding for sure if you have enough of the right shade--like that inner border!

And mine is next--woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo!! One for you!!! Turned out terrific...a pat on the back is well deserved.

Pam@
www.pamgwillim.com
mycreativemind@pamgwillim.com

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

You know, I liked this Bargello when you were piecing it but now! I love it! Great job on a quilt well done :)

Cher said...

awesome job Norma! it turned out super...and how fun to celebrate your mom's birthday with your brother and family

julieQ said...

This is beautiful! Just perfect for Christmas!!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Charming

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is wonderful!