Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Langdon Family Reunion - Sweet Home, Oregon

On Friday, August 21, my parents and I headed to Oregon. This was the second trip to Oregon for my Mom and I in the month of August. Our destination was a family reunion in Sweet Home, Oregon.


Of course no road trip would be complete without a shopping stop. We stopped to stretch our legs and do a little looking at the Outlet Mall in Woodburn, Oregon. Lucky for us this mall is visible from I-5 and so handy to get to. http://www.woodburncompanystores.com/index.html



The flowers at this mall were gorgeous. This pink "tree" was actually cleverly arranged petunias.
Although Sweet Home is not that large - population 8,016, we found very clean and comfortable accommodations in the Sweet Home Inn. http://www.ci.sweet-home.or.us/

This was a nearby barber / hairdresser shop. Someone has done a great job at trimming the bush out front in an appropriate shape for this business.

We found several murals decorating the sides of the buildings as we headed through the main street.




And of course no trip would be complete without a visit to the local quilt shop. We spied a sign that said "fabric" on the way to the reunion on Saturday morning. Since we had some time, we made a stop. This is a picture of Seamingly Creative, 1245 Main St., Sweet Home, Oregon 97386. If you are in the neighbourhood, I would encourage you to stop by.


I found the cutest little pair of embroidery scissors and a wonderful fat quarter collection. The fabric was very reasonably priced at this shop--my 10 fall coloured fat quarters only cost me $12. (The thimble says, "Portland" on it and was a purchase I made on my previous trip to Oregon.)




We had a great time at the reunion. This was my first time meeting my Langdon relatives. I hope this will be only the first of many more opportunities to get together with this branch of the family tree.

2 comments:

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Looks like a wonderful trip - can't beat that price on the fat quarters.

Linda C said...

What pretty FQ's and very reasonably priced.

Good to see the wrap on one of your recent trips. I know you had a good time with your parents and extended family.